This omega 3 filled nutritious peppered salmon dish is just what you need for a lean diet.
The peppered salmon already boasting an abundant supply of nutrients along side a portion of roasted asparagus is just the kind of food you should implement in a healthy diet. Filled with protein and the minerals you need to stay healthy, eat this after a workout to help recover and stay lean.
- Two fillets of Salmon
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Peppercorns/ground pepper
- This is a quick and easy dish, so no excuses even after a long day. To cook the nutritious peppered salmon, pre-heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
- While the oven is heating up. Grind up your peppercorns. You can do this with a pestle and mortar or the end of a rolling pin. Once this is done, add a dash of paprika to the crushed peppercorns and also some sea salt. Then get a lime and with the use of a grater add some lime zest into the peppercorn mix. It’s really that simple, you now have your salmon peppercorn crust.
- Using only a small amount of olive oil, wet the salmon fillets. And also add a little olive oil in to your baking tray. Place your salmon onto the baking tray and now add the peppercorn mix. The fillets should be placed skin side down.
- Now you have your peppered salmon fillets nicely prepared. Next is to place them in to the preheated oven. They should cook for around 10 to 15 minutes. The best way to check to see if the peppered salmon has been cooked to perfection, is to take a fork and try to pull a little apart. If the salmon is nice and flaky and comes apart with relative ease, then it is perfectly cooked.
- After the peppered salmon has been cooked its the perfect time to get started with the roasted asparagus. Pre-heat the oven to approximately 205 degrees Celsius. Now get the asparagus and drizzle olive oil on them after placing them on a baking tray. Thoroughly season the asparagus with salt and pepper. The place them in the oven for around 10 to 12 minutes. This shouldn’t take long since the oven is already hot from cooking the peppered asparagus.
A delicious meal that’s so quick and easy to make! A must have for those looking for lean meals to enjoy after a workout.